viernes, 2 de mayo de 2014

Letter about "The Phantom Of The Opera"

April 29th, 2014

Mr.
Charles Darwin
234 John Smith Street
New York

Dear Charles,

Recently, I visited the Paris Opera House; I went to watch Romeo and Juliet. It was incredible; this classic show of Shakespeare continues being one of most watched show in the world.
When the show had ended, I went to the foyer party. I talked with the ballerinas, I congratulated them, and during the conversation, we touched the topic of the Opera’s building. They said to me that in last month, there had happened some mysterious events, and rumors of a phantom had spread in the dressing rooms. Particularly, I talked with Sorelli, one of the principals ballerinas of the cast. She is very superstitious and she is extremely scared of the phantoms and she said to me that these events had occurred mostly in the cellars or in the dressing-rooms, when the persons are alone. The only person who had seen the phantom was Joseph Buquet, the chief stagehand, who spent a big part of his time in the cellars. He said that the phantom is extraordinarily thin and his dress-coat hangs on a skeleton frame. His eyes are so deep that you can hardly see the fixed pupils. You just see two big black holes, as in a dead man's skull. His nose is so little worth talking about that you can't see it side-face; and the absence of that nose is a horrible thing to look at.
Charles, this theme has me really intrigued; I want to come back as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,


Joaquín Garay.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario